In 2002, the Helping You Prepare for Employment (HYPE) Programme was established as a Government sponsored Programme to assist citizens of Trinidad and Tobago in obtaining sustainable employment in the Building Construction Industry. HYPE is designed to train and develop young individuals in skills, knowledge and abilities to be self-supporting and to take advantage of opportunities. HYPE offers a stipend and other Government funded support to assist trainees.
Core Courses (Select any 2):
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (Only at O’Meara and Sangre Grande Technology Centres)
- Electrical Installation
- Welding & Fabrication
- Basic Concrete Technology
- Blue Print Reading and Measurement
- Computer-based Training
- First Aid
- Gypsum Installation
- Health and Safety
- Layout and Foundation
- Physical Education
- Steel Bending
- Workshop-based Skills
- Daily Stipend (TT$50.00 per working day)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Bus Passes.
Duration: Nine (9) Months – Every September, Monday- Friday.
Cost: Government Funded (Free for Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago)
- National/ Resident of Trinidad and Tobago
- Between 16 and 25 Years of age.
- Copy of Identification Card
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- 2 Passport Size Photos
- Utility Bill
- Bank Account
Certification upon completion:Level I Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ) certificate and City & Guilds Foundation Certificate.
- Moruga Technology Centre (3:30 p.m. - 7:30p.m.)
- O'Meara Technology Centre (8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.)
- Patience Hill Technology Centre (Tobago) (8:00 a.m. - 3:00p.m.)
- Pleasantville Technology Centre (8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
- Point Fortin Technology Centre (7:30 a.m. -2:30 p.m.)
- Sangre Grande Technology Centre (8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
- St. Bede Technology Centre (7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.)