An agency of the Ministry of Education (Tertiary Education Division), MIC Institute of Technology (MIC-IT), offers Technical and Vocational Training, Industry Services and Construction Services. In 2014, MIC-IT became the first Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Institution in the country to become accredited by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT).
As a premier training institution, MIC-IT offers a range of programmes including:
• Technical Vocational Instructor & Teacher Training (TVITT)
• Industrial Craft Programme (ICP)
• Multi-Sector Skills Training (MuST)
• Helping You Prepare for Employment (HYPE)
• National Skills Development Programme (NSDP) Journeyman
• Mechatronics and Renewable Energy programmes
• Customised training such as our German-influenced NSDP and Master Craftsman Qualification (both accredited by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago).
Established in 1974, MIC-IT is the only tool and die making workshop in the country to support the Manufacturing sector with the design and production of tools, dies and moulds. MIC-IT also operates as a commercial factory and is one of the leading providers of engineering solutions for the local and regional Industrial sector through its Design and Engineering, Plastics Services and Industrial Training.
The Construction arm of MIC-IT was launched in 2016 and with the help of its Trainees and skilled Instructors, MIC-IT provides high quality, low cost building and maintenance solutions to the construction Industry. Our competitive advantage includes specialised training partnerships with institutions such as the ICON Institut, the German Chamber of Crafts and Trades and the American Welding Society where many of our experienced tradesmen and supervisors have been trained.