Diploma in Technical Vocational Instructor and Teacher Training (TVITT)
The aim of this programme is directed towards meeting the needs of our instructor/teacher learners by transforming them into effective professionals in delivery, designing, developing, implementing and managing of the curricula of the MIC Institute of Technology and other vocational training programmes.
Each course entails a combination of theory and practice which will ensure that the professional as well as the technical competencies of the instructor are enhanced. Participants will be introduced to the foundation disciplines, relevant interdisciplinary courses, as well as pedagogic and androgenic methods.
The programme includes courses such as:
- Language and Communication
- Instructional Techniques
- Introduction to Life Skills
- Use of Media & Production of Educational Materials
- Curriculum Development
- Educational Theory and Practice
- Measurement and Evaluation
- History of TVET Education (T&T focus)
- Action Research for Teacher and Student Development
- Philosophy & Sociology of Education (TVET Focus)
- Workshop Organisation and Management
- Occupational Safety and Health(OSH)
- Basic Counselling and Guidance
- Teaching Practice (TP)
- Technology Education (Tech EDU)
The Diploma programme comprises of three trimesters. Each trimester will run for 15 weeks.
Full time classes are on Fridays: 8:30 a.m. - 4:40 p.m.
Part Time classes are on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 4 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Master Craftsman Certificate /Craftsman/Journeyman Certificate or equivalent
- Three (3) CSEC (minimum) e.g. Math, English & any other subject.
- Current Technical - Vocational Teacher with minimum two years teaching experience
- Basic Computer skills
Application Fee: TT$1000.00 (non-refundable)
Programme Fee: TT$15,000 (GATE Approved)
Train the Trainer - Level 1
Training isn’t just about what you know; it’s also about how you communicate that knowledge to an audience. Many people become trainers because of their knowledge on a particular subject. However, the best trainers are those that realise subject knowledge isn’t enough; delivering information in an engaging and memorable way is also a pre-requisite. The Train the Trainer Programme of TVITTD Unit of the MIC Institute of Technology (MIC) was designed to provide trainers with the andragogical skills needed to effectively deliver training.
The modules provided in the programme assist in a better understanding of the teacher-learning process and the most effective strategies to be used in the delivery process. The objective of the workshop is to ensure that personnel who are responsible for trainees are well equipped to undertake the task of a professional trainer in a learning environment. The training consists of thirty (30) contact hours.
It will prepare participants to:
- Implement the skills and techniques to train others
- Prepare, plan and structure a training session
- Know the importance of using visual aids
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses in your delivery style
- Deliver stimulating sessions that are both informative and interesting
Level 1 Course Duration:
30 contact hours
Level 1 Entry Requirements:
• Basic Mathematics & English Language Skills
• Basic Computer Skills
Programme Fee: TT$2500.00
Certification upon completion:
Train-the-Trainer Level 1 Certificate.
Train the Trainer Level 2
The Train-the-Trainer Level II Programme of the TVITTD Unit of MIC Institute of Technology (MIC-IT), was designed to provide participants with the advanced andragogical skills needed to effectively deliver appropriate training for their trainees’ improvement and success.
This course enables participants to develop individual/group training programmes specific to the needs of the individual trainer/group. It is structured to allow participants to gain an understanding of adult training and learning principles and to deliver courses that engage adult learners. In addition, it emphasizes the importance of continued research and planning to improve delivery and implementation of training. The main aim is to increase the pool of effective trainers by developing their human capacity by:
- Analysing training needs
- Design and develop relevant training course materials and content (curriculum)
- Select and adopt engaging training methods to deliver effective training sessions
- Assess learning achievement
- Evaluate the overall effectiveness of a training course
Level 2 Course Duration:
39 contact hours
Level 2 Entry Requirements:
Level 1 Train-the-Trainer certificate
Programme Fee: TT$3800.00
Certification upon completion:
Train-the-Trainer Level 2 Certificate.
MIC-IT Head Office
5A Century Drive, Trincity Business Park, Macoya
Tel: +1 (868) 663-4MIC (4642) ext. 3130, 3306, 3057, 3263