RARU (The Registration, Admission and Records Unit)
RARU was integrated in October 2008. Its primary functions include the collection, (i) storage and retrieval of trainees’ data; (ii) the preparation of status reports and attendance, attrition, retention and progress of trainees; (iii) communication with stakeholders on programme cycles; (iv) preparation of official transcripts and certificates; (v) informing internal and external customers on requirements for admission and graduation within programmes and (vi) processing re-sit candidates for final examinations.
The Unit is responsible for Curriculum development and upgrading for the HYPE, NSDP, Master Craftsman, and TVITTU programmes and any other programmes under the purview of MIC.
MIC is predominantly a training Institute, it’s of great significance there exist an Examination Unit, which was established in 1998. The role of the Examination Unit is to design, develop and deliver the examinations and manage the marking process to ensure transparency, consistency, reliability and accuracy of results and information. The Examination Unit is working together with its international partner; we need to establish the examinations in MIC. The Examination Unit is responsible for:
- Development and administration of summative examination
- Establish examination committee for every discipline
- Construction of examination questions
- Evaluating of trainees’ performance
- Develop a result spreadsheet.
- Advising on awards of certificate
- Research and development of methodologies for evaluation process and control.
- Forward results to the RARU
Guidance and Counselling Unit
This Unit is responsible for Guidance and Counselling of trainees from all programmes offered by MIC-IT. The Unit treats with a variety of trainees’ needs such as emotional, psychological, educational and career advice, as well as home and family issues that may affect them. Here, trainees can access counselling and life skills to better develop and fulfil their personal, academic and professional potential. This is done on the foundational principle of confidentiality of all trainee information.
MIC-IT Athletics – MIC-IT TIGERS
Under the Sports and Mentorship Unit, MIC-IT TIGERS, helps with the holistic development of trainees. They learn good habits of fitness, competitiveness, drive and discipline, teamwork, responsibility, determination and team camaraderie.
Trainees represent MIC-IT TIGERS in all the following sports: Football, Netball, Beach Football, Track & Field, T/20 Cricket, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, Table Tennis and Swimming.\
Benefits for youth:
- Lower dropout rates (Better School attendance)
- Increased graduation rates
- Healthier relationships and lifestyle choices
- Better attitude about school
- Higher educational aspirations
- Enhanced self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improved Behaviour, both at home and at school
- Stronger relationships with parents, teachers, and peers
- Improved interpersonal skills
Why be a TIGER?
- Academic Success
- U.S. Scholarship Opportunities
- Elite Training Opportunities
- Exposure and Experience
Student Services Contact Information:
663-4642 ext. 3128/3130/3012/3217
663-4642 ext. 3325 /3288 /3268
663-4642 ext. ext. 3181 / 3236 / 3198
GUIDANCE & COUNSELLING
663-4642 ext. 3235/3133
663-4642 ext. 3008/3058
663-4642 ext. 3332
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and Registration forms (Adobe PDF format)
- CWI/CWE Exam Application
- Pleasantville Craft Courses Application
- NSDP Evening Course Registration
- NSDP Full time Registration
- HYPE Application
- St. Bede Journeyman Joinery Application
- MuST Construction Application Form - Level 2
- MuST Hospitality Application Form
Brochure Information (Adobe PDF format)