This programme is aimed at addressing the need for developing Technological skills base in furniture making.
Joinery students will be exposed to Practical and Theoretical Skills/Knowledge and will be examined on this in their final year. The modules will develop their knowledge, in the areas of Wood technology, Design and Construction, Furniture construction, Cabinet making and practical experiences on the varying wood working equipment.
Course Elements Include:
- Blueprint/Technical Drawing (TD)
- Cabinet Making
- Wood Finishing
- Application of Woodworking Machinery
- Joinery Technology
- Maintenance of Tools and Equipment
- Applied Mathematics
- 1.5 Years- Full-time
- 2 Years Part-time
- (Intakes every September)
Registration Fee: $TT500.00 (non-refundable)
Programme Fee: Government Funded (Free for Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago)
- CVQ in Secondary School, Carpentry Level I Certificate OR MIC-IT HYPE OR MuST Carpentry Certificate Completion of Level I Carpentry from a recognized TVET Institution OR Equivalent work Experience.
- National/ Resident of Trinidad and Tobago
- Minimum age of Sixteen (16) years.
- Copy of Identification Card
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- 2 Passport sized Photos
Certification upon completion: MIC Institute of Technology Level II Joinery Certificate.
Location/ Class Time:
St. Bede Technology Centre:
Full-time: Monday- Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Part-time: Monday- Friday: 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
For more info please contact: +-1-868-663-4MIC (4642) ext. 3012, 3130 or +1-868-645-6702