In 1998, The Master Craftsman Qualification was implemented as a Twinning Project collaborated by the ICON-INSTITUT of Germany and MIC Institute of Technology. Participants of this programme are trained the highest level of technical competency whilst learning the basics of management and supervision. A graduate of this programme will be able to function as a specialist in his/her occupational area and be qualified for supervisory or trainer positions. The Master Craftsman Qualification is a Diploma Level (Level 4 of ACTT National Qualifications Framework Programme).
Skilled and experienced participants are allowed to choose ONE of following trade areas to be trained in:
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- Construction Technology
- Automotive Technology
Ten months in Trinidad from Special Lectures from Germany.
Six months Training in Trinidad and Tobago and four months Training in Germany (Including Industrial Training)
Cost: GATE approved.
Registration Fee: TT$1000.00
Without GATE: The cost of the Master Craftsman training programme will be made available upon request. The cost includes all course materials, consumables etc.
- Journeyman graduate with at least three years’ experience and continuous supplemental training.
- At least 3 CXC or G.C.E passes or equivalent at grade A, B,C or 1,2, 3 including:English and Mathematics.
- Minimum age of Twenty-three (23) years.
- Approved evening course clusters and work experience.
- Foreign certification is validated via official sealed transcripts.
- Considerable work experience or formal on-the-job training with verification from a competent authority. Some assessment may be conducted by MIC-IT.
- Other engineering technical training and work experience. Some assessment may be conducted by MIC-IT.
- NEC Engineering Technician Diploma and at least two years’ relevant experience — preference will be given to applicants with NEC certification and the first requirement above.
- National/ Resident of Trinidad and Tobago
- Copy of Identification Card
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Utility Bill
- 2 Passport sized Photos
Certification upon completion:
Master Craftsman Diploma (MIC Institute of Technology, ICON-INSITUT and German Chamber of Crafts and Trade).
Macoya Workforce Development Centre: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Pleasantville Technology Centre: Monday – Thursdays: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.