MIC Institute of Technology partnered with the German Chamber of Crafts and Trades, Fitz Werner GmbH and the ICON-INSTITUT of Aachen, Germany and formed the NSDP Journeyman.
Accredited by the German Chamber of Crafts and Trades, the NSDP Journeyman is an apprenticeship course designed to provide trainees with the necessary competencies in various occupational areas related to the field of engineering. Graduates from this programme will demonstrate competence in a wide variety of skills and knowledge related to the Manufacturing and Energy sector. These skills are performed autonomously.
- Provides industry-ready graduates with the necessary skills for immediate employment.
- Graduates can move into higher Engineering programmes or become entrepreneurs.
- Job Placement; two year Industrial attachment in area of specialisation.
- Stipend on entry to the Industrial attachment will be based on their rates.
- Workman compensation insurance.
Training offered in the following occupational areas:
- Electrical/Electronics Technology
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Welding Technology
3 Years Full-time. (Intakes every September)
1st Year: Trainees will be exposed to all occupational areas.
2nd and 3rd Year: Trainees are to select ONE occupational area to specialise in. Trainees will be placed into an Industrial attachment and are to be return to classes at their respective MIC-IT’s Technology Centre one day per week during the 2nd year and 2 days per week during the 3rd year.
Cost: GATE Funded.
Registration Fee: TT$500.00
- A National Craftsman Certificate or equivalent.
- At least 3 CXC or G.C.E passes or equivalent at grade A, B,C or 1,2, 3 including:
- Technical Drawing
- Any of the Sciences
- National/ Resident of Trinidad and Tobago
- Between 17 and 25 years of age.
- Copy of Identification Card
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Utility Bill
- 2 Passport sized Photos
Certification upon completion:
National Journeyman Diploma/Certificate awarded at Level III of ACTT National Qualifications Framework. Certificate approved by MIC-IT, the German Chamber of Crafts and Trade and the ICON-INSTITUT of Germany.
Locations/ Class Time:
Macoya Workforce Development Centre: 7:30 a.m. – 4: 00 p.m. (until 4:30 p.m. or Thursdays and 3: 30 p.m. on Fridays).
Pleasantville Technology Centre: 7:30 a.m. – 4: 00 p.m. (until 4:30 p.m. or Thursdays and 3: 30 p.m. on Fridays).
Tobago Technology Centre: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.