MIC Institute of Technology partnered with the German Chamber of Crafts and Trades, Fitz Werner GmbH and the ICON-INSTITUT of Aachen, Germany and formed the NSDP Journeyman.
Accredited by the German Chamber of Crafts and Trades, the NSDP Journeyman is an apprenticeship course designed to provide trainees with the necessary competencies in various occupational areas related to the field of engineering. Graduates from this programme will demonstrate competence in a wide variety of skills and knowledge related to the Manufacturing and Energy sector. These skills are performed autonomously.
- Provides industry-ready graduates with the necessary skills for immediate employment.
- Graduates can move into higher Engineering programmes or become entrepreneurs.
- Job Placement; two year Industrial attachment in area of specialisation.
- Stipend on entry to the Industrial attachment will be based on their rates.
- Workman compensation insurance.
Training offered in the following occupational areas:
- Electrical/Electronics Technology
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
3 Years Full-time. (Intakes every September)
1st Year: Trainees will be exposed to all occupational areas.
2nd and 3rd Year: Trainees are to select ONE occupational area to specialise in. Trainees will be placed into an Industrial attachment and are to be return to classes at their respective MIC-IT’s Technology Centre one day per week during the 2nd year and 2 days per week during the 3rd year.
Programme Feee: GATE Funded.
Application Fee: TT$500.00
- Must be 16 years and over.
- Must possess at least three CSEC or GCE passes (1,2,3 or A,B,C respectively) including Math, English and one Science Subject.
*Technical Drawing will be an asset.
- National Examination Council (NEC) Craftsman Certificate or the Pre-Technician Certificate in the relevant area.
*Preference will be given to applicants with both NEC Certification and Requirement above.
- Must be a National/Resident of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Copy of Electronic Birth Certificate
- Copy of Identification Card
- Utility Bill
- Two passport sized photos
- NIS number
Certification upon completion:
- National Journeyman Diploma/Certificate awarded at Level III of the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) National Qualifications Framework.
- German Chamber of Crafts and Trades.
- MIC Institute of Technology.
- Foreign certification is validated via official sealed transcripts.
Locations/ Class Time:
Macoya Workforce Development Centre: 7:30 a.m. – 4: 00 p.m. (until 4:30 p.m. or Thursdays and 3: 30 p.m. on Fridays).
Pleasantville Technology Centre: 7:30 a.m. – 4: 00 p.m. (until 4:30 p.m. or Thursdays and 3: 30 p.m. on Fridays).
Tobago Technology Centre: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.