Crop Production & Animal Husbandry (Level II)
Started as a pilot programme in September, 2016, Crop Production & Animal Husbandry (Level 11) is designed to provide a cadre of skilled, competent and certified workers for the ‘World of Work’ in priority sectors of the economy through on-site and off-site ‘Work to Learn’ training models. Trainees are encouraged to adopt specific strategies and the right attitude in order to acquire and maintain successful employment and self-employment opportunities. The programme contributes to reducing the food import bill to endorse sustainability and human development within Trinidad and Tobago.
Trainees will be exposed to the following:
- Production systems
- Irrigation systems
- Preparation of land for cultivation
- Install/Construct irrigation systems
- Cultivate crops
- Rabbit Rearing
- Plant propagation activities
- Harvest crops
- Marketing produce
- Communicating with stakeholders
- Budget and Financing
- Practicing HSE
*Learn to produce the following crops: Cabbage, Cassava, Cauliflower, Celery, Hot Pepper, Lettuce, Pak Choi, Sweet Pepper, Tomatoes and much more.
The Ministry of Education provides each registered Construction MuST Trainee with the following:
- A daily stipend of $100.00
- Basic Tools and Equipment
- Basic Personal Protective Equipment
- Insurance Coverage
Course Duration: Nine months (36 weeks), Full-Time.
Registration Fee: TT$100.00 (non-refundable)
Programme Fee: Government-Funded (Free for citizens of Trinidad and Tobago).
- Unemployed National/ Resident of Trinidad and Tobago
- Between 17 and 50 years of age.
- Copy of Identification Card
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- 2 Passport sized Photos
- Bank Account number
- NIS number
Certification upon successful completion: Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ) Level II & MIC-IT’s First Aid Training Certification.
- Maloney Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Euphonia Avenue, Maloney (please contact our Head Office to register for this venue)
- Tobago Technology Centre