Construction: Level II
MuST Level II Trainees are exposed to specialised skilled worker training in the Construction Sector. Trainees work independently for a period of nine (9) months based on National Occupational Standards. They spend four (4) days per week on Construction sites and one day they retreat to an off-site Centre where they undergo Life Skills, Construction Calculation, Technical Drawing and Construction Technology.
Construction training covers 5 Occupational Skills Areas which trainees are allowed to select one:
- Electrical Installation
The Ministry of Education provides each registered Construction MuST Trainee with the following:
- A daily stipend of $100.00
- A Meal and a Drink
- Basic Tools and Equipment
- Basic Personal Protective Equipment
- Insurance Coverage
- Supervisory Management and Assessment Services by Technology Instructors/Assessors
Course Duration: Nine (9) months, Full-Time.
Registration Fee: TT$100.00 (non-refundable)
Programme Fee: Government Funded (Free for Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago).
- Completion of a Level I Construction Programme or Eighteen (18) months experience in relevant skill area is preferred.
- National/ Resident of Trinidad and Tobago
- Between 17 and 50 years of age.
- Copy of Identification Card
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- 2 Passport sized Photos
- Bank Account number
- NIS number
Certification upon successful completion: Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ) Level II.
- Tunapuna Technology Centre
- Chaguanas Technology Centre
- Ste. Madeleine Technology Centre
- Laventille Technology Centre
- Tobago Technology Centre