About the Department
Launched in 2016, the Construction and Facilities Maintenance Department will further build on our core competencies to become a revenue-generating division through the provision of high-quality, low-cost, building and maintenance solutions to the Construction industry.
With resources and offices in 19 locations throughout Trinidad and Tobago, our Construction and Facilities Maintenance Department has unmatched reach and expertise. Major construction projects are complex undertakings, often involving numerous subcontractors and suppliers, hundreds of workers, and millions of dollars in material, equipment, and services. Orchestrating such operations, demands first-rate construction management, something our qualified team at the Construction and Facilities Maintenance Department is capable of providing on projects of all sizes.
This Department also has a competent Facilities Maintenance facet to complement its Construction services. These skills have been honed through the in-house maintenance of MIC-IT’s Centres.
Our business strategy revolves around the need to provide cost effective construction solutions in Trinidad and Tobago without sacrificing quality workmanship. This is achieved through the utilisation of a highly trained and competent work team comprised of graduates of the MIC Institute of Technology under the supervision of qualified instructors as well as specialised service providers capable of handling complex construction elements.
Our Quality Assurance/Quality Control teams will play an integral role to ensure that work done is reflective of our intended image and reputation. We intend to establish a good rapport with all the relevant government agencies and private institutions that will in turn build long-lasting mutually beneficial partnerships.
To be the leading provider of construction and building maintenance solutions in Trinidad and Tobago through utilising the core competencies of quality training, innovation in engineering and premier construction and maintenance services.
Creating sustainable national development through strategic partnerships with the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago and the private sector for growth and prosperity.
Our Core Values
General Building Construction
Interior Outfitting & Finishing Services
Rehabilitation, Restoration & Facilities Upgrade Services
Project Management Services
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE SERVICES
Building Repairs & Maintenance
Equipment Repairs & Maintenance
Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
Repairs & Maintenance
Creation of Scope of Works
Scheduling and Timelines
Our Competitive Advantage
- A State Unit whose principle goal is to deliver sound results to our clients;
- The ability to provide both construction services as well as building maintenance and management services. Through these coupled services we can ensure that high quality infrastructure is constructed and remains in pristine conditions thus minimizing the need for exorbitant refurbishment or restorative costs in the future.
- An experienced Project Management team with a proven track record of success;
- An Institution with a wealth of knowledge and expertise in the fields of: Engineering, Procurement and Health and Safety which can be drawn on for support;
- Geographic reach throughout Trinidad and Tobago with 19 locations from which resources and personnel may be mobilized in close proximity to projects;
- Specialised training with partnerships with institutions such as the ICON Institut and the Chamber of Crafts and Trades, Germany and the American Welding Society where many of our competent tradesmen and diligent supervisors have been trained;
- Strategic alliances with service providers to ensure the efficient procurement of materials as well as the capability to tackle complex construction projects
The Construction and Facilities Maintenance Department prides itself on quality and is made up of a team of highly trained and competent supervisors and labourers.
Many of our supervisors have received training in Germany at the ICON Institut, a leading Technical Vocational Education and Training facility with which MIC-IT is partnered.
Safiya Alexander PMP, MSc (Dist.) Construction Management, BSc (Hons.) Geomatics
Ariel Baran MSc Production and Engineering Management, BSc. Mechanical Engineering
Facilities Maintenance Specialist
Stephen Barrow BSc (Hons.) PGDip, H.N.C
Internal Construction Specialist
Koré George MSc. (Hons.) Structural Engineering, BASc. (Hons.) Civil Engineering
External Construction Specialist
John Davidson BA(Hons.) Business Administration, Project Management Dip.
Business Development Coordinator II
Rishi Ramnanan BSc. Design and Manufacturing Engineering
Kern Alfred BSc. Mechanical Engineering, BSc Physics
Clerk of Works
Celine Gabriel BA(Hons.) Business Management, Dip. Business Management
Malinda Baldeo Safety Management Dip. Project Management Dip
5A Century Drive, Trincity Business Park, Macoya, Trinidad, W.I.
Private Bag 121B, Port-of-Spain, Trinidad, W.I.
T: 1 (868) 663 4MIC (4642) ext. 3291/3201/3327/3005